Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for a quick version of Five for Friday!


Today was "Kindergarten for a Day"! My kiddos spent some time in the kindergarten classroom meeting the teacher, seeing the classroom, participating in a hands-on math center, listening to a read-aloud and making an spring craft. They follow the trail of rainbow footprints from our class to the kindergarten class. How cute is that?! They were just a ball of excitement today!! In addition, we are still working on teen numbers, so the children sang "count and move". What an adorable song! I love me some YouTube!
More with teen numbers and double ten frames...

A peak at my kiddos during free-choice centers... don't mind my desk... it's been a hectic but fun week!
I'm blogging about this again, because I would love some more advice! I'm ready for a change in my Listening Center! My students enjoy the listening center in our class, although I am personally tired of it, so I need some advice! We have a cassette player, with a jackbox and headphones. Only 3 of the 8 outputs in the jackbox work. What do I need to use my class CD player and the headphones you see in the picture? I typically use my CD player to play sing-along songs and calming music during nap, although I have some great audio book packs. I would like to be able to set up this CD player with 4 students at a time, so that they can listen to audio books. I have seen a Belkin 5-way splitter online, but does that work with these older headphone I have? Also, besides Scholastic (which I love), where do you get your CD audio books? I wish I had i-pods, but that just isn't in the budget right now... so I'm moving on to the good ol' CD :) 
With my little readers, we are working on the _ap family words by watching/singing along with this video and with this Cut, Say, Paste, and Write activity page


How was your week? Link up with Doodle Bugs to share with others!




1 comment:

  1. I love how your students were able to visit the next grade. That is a great idea!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Thanks again for taking time to comment! It means so much to me!! In order for me to reply by email (so we can communicate back and forth), make sure you are NOT a no-reply blogger or leave me your email address! Tty soon!