Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fun with Family Themed Centers

As I continue to review the first manual of the Tools of the Mind Preschool Curriculum, I feel excited and determined to create tools, while I have the time off, that will enhance the already wonderful curriculum!

If you use pretend play in your classroom to develop language, social, self-regulation, and emotional skills, here is everything you need to set up family/home themed dramatic play center(s). 
This Pack Includes (in both color & gray scale):
  •  Vocabulary Word Wall Cards & Headings 
  • Action Card Prompts (aka Task Cards) 
  • Role Card Prompts 
  • Signs for Each Room in a House
  • “Baby Care List” Daily Report 
  • “To Do List"
  • “To Clean List”
  • “Shopping List”
  • Family Bunting Banner
  • Home Bunting Banner

Turn your traditional centers into theme specific fun! i.e:
dramatic play= kitchen/bedroom/nursery

blocks center= garage/ yard
sensory table center= bathroom
literacy center= office


As I continue to read, implement, and learn more about Tools of the Mind, I will be updated this pack!



2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your clip art? I need very basic clip art for all things preschool. What a great pack you created! I added it to my wish list.
    www.pocketofpreschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I love using mycutegraphics.com, which is for free, and she also has AMAZING clipart to purchase from her collection called Whimsy Clips. Thanks for stopping by and considering my family themed pack, I can't wait to use it in my class!

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat! Thanks again for taking time to comment! It means so much to me!! In order for me to reply by email (so we can communicate back and forth), make sure you are NOT a no-reply blogger or leave me your email address! Tty soon!