Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gone with the File Folders

I've decided to give it a go and start organizing my files into binders... with advice from other bloggers, I bought binders and sheet protectors at Costco. Each pack of 6 binders was $8.99... What a great deal!! $1.50 a binder {with cover inserts], not too shabby. The box of 250 sheet protectors were $11.49. They are nice and thick, and hopefully photocopy friendly. It took me about an hour and half to file all the worksheets and activities I have for each letter of the alphabet... ehh it's worth it! I use Abrams & Co. Let's Begin with the Letter People Curriculum Program, so I decided to organize my binders into the order in which I teach the letters. I used the editable binder covers from If I Ran the Classroom. Aren't they cute?! I also decided to prep the rest of the binders with monthly binder covers and spine labels from Eryn over at Elementary Organization- Just what I was looking for!!
My Costco check-out consisted of binders, sheet protectors, jumbo box of k-cups, salmon, blackberries, salmon, and greek yogurt guacamole {new to me, but oh my GOODNESS it's soo yummy!}. 


I'd love any advice about where you buy your binders and page protectors... never can say no to saving more mula. 









So I have been thinking about organizing my activities and worksheets in binders for a while now so that it goes from this... 
...to something more like Mrs. Terhune's binder system! It's absolutely perfect. She blows me away with her great organization ideas! I totally admit that I am obsessed with organization and thrive on it... but her classroom inspires me to do more!
http://mrsterhune.blogspot.com/2011/11/classroom-organization.html
I am tired of not being able to find what I need when I need it and papers and folders being ripped and crinkled. It's really a hot mess. I don't think I can fully eliminate the filing cabinet because I still need to store my construction paper, bigger crafts and larger laminated center activities, but I would really like a better way to organize all my worksheets and activities so that I know what I have, it's easy to access, and it's organized! I would love some input on where the best place to buy 3-ring binders (with the pockets on the front cover) and page protectors for a good price! I would assume I would need a binder for each month, but also binders for themes and concepts such as "The Alphabet", "Shapes", etc. Also, if you use a similar type of binder system do you make an index of any type? I am on a cleaning and organization kick! I'd love to get started ASAP!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat! Thanks again for taking time to comment! It means so much to me!! In order for me to reply by email (so we can communicate back and forth), make sure you are NOT a no-reply blogger or leave me your email address! Tty soon!