Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Five for Friday!


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again for Five for Friday!!

My students really enjoyed their math stations this week from the Are You Ready for Football? Bundle. We counted and practicing writing numbers using football themed cards with images of dice, ten frames, and tally marks. 

Today we listened to Groundhog Day by Gail Gibbons on youtube and we graphed if Punxsutawney Phil would see his shadow or not? If only he didn't see his shadow and Spring weather was quickly upon us! I need more sun and warmth in my life! 


Call me a shop-oholic, but I love nothing more than shopping for my class {with clothes for myself being a very close runner-up}. This week I went to Dollar Tree and Becker's School Supplies. I bought this adorable leprechaun banner, because with my luck, it would be gone if I waited until March. I also bought some fun hearts to use as counters for math stations, valentine pencils, small green buckets, and a sandwich shaped coasters pack that I thought would be great for creating a math or literacy center game. At Becker's I bought Pattern Learning Mats, lots of construction paper, and more name tags, so that I can change seats on Monday. 
Do you have a Ninja? If not, it is worth the investment... you can make so many delicious smoothies in only a couple minutes! About 2 months ago I melted one of the two single serve cups in the dishwasher, so I slowed down on making one every morning for my fiancé and I... when I am in a rush the pitcher is more time consuming to clean. This week I told myself that I would start to make them again, even if I had to use the pitcher. The smoothies are so delicious and healthy, that I thought they would help me kickstart getting into shape for the wedding! This week my smoothies typically consisted of: half of a banana, almond milk, frozen berries. If I had almonds or spinach I would of added them also. 
Okay, so I know that I didn't have my first giveaway and raffle off the scarf that I posted in my last "Five for Friday", but I thought it would be better to raffle it off when I feel that spring is in the air. Why not build the anticipation a little?! {tee-hee} Instead I have been planning another giveaway and I'm very excited to announce that tomorrow I will be teaming up with 4 other bloggers for a V-day giveaway! Stay tuned! Below is one of the packs that will be raffled off!  

I'd love to hear about your week... link up with Doodle Bugs to share with others!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat! Thanks again for taking time to comment! It means so much to me!! In order for me to reply by email (so we can communicate back and forth), make sure you are NOT a no-reply blogger or leave me your email address! Tty soon!