Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Animal Theme Idea Hunt

I've always loved wild animals and just animals in general! Since I began teaching 8 years ago, I've had classroom touches with animal prints and jungle inspired accents. I have a bench with two pillows, one brown zebra print and the other banana leaves. My "sight-word tree" was a palm tree. Closet name tags were animal faces. I used bright colored animal print scrap book paper behind many labels in my classroom. I had a stuffed-animal giraffe on my desk and a frog basket on a book shelf. ALTHOUGH, if you walked into my classroom in the past, you might not even notice my intentions of making it animal themed. Soooo, with that being said, I want to make this year different- a new school, a new group of students, a new journey, a new animal themed educational space! Today, I began the typical idea hunt through Pintrest and here are some amazing ideas that are going to help me get started.... 



INSPIRING right?! I'm growing stripes just thinking about it ;)


Since I use the six traits of character education in my class, I thought I'd start by creating an "animal theme set" of posters, bunting banners, and character coupons/awards... more animal theme accents and accessories to come!
(click the poster to go to my TPT store)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat! Thanks again for taking time to comment! It means so much to me!! In order for me to reply by email (so we can communicate back and forth), make sure you are NOT a no-reply blogger or leave me your email address! Tty soon!